I’ve had a bad winter head cold over the past week and a half. The weekend was spent in a haze of nose blowing, soup making, and sitting on the couch with a glazed expression on my face. I did find that leaning forward over my cutting/sewing table helped alleviate some of my congestion, so I cut fabric for all the rest of my Quilt of Poseidon blocks. And since Saturday, I’ve sewn four more!
Next, Mosaic No. 8 from Vintage Quilt Revival. I think I’m getting better about keeping my seams even and matching points and corners.
The other blocks I want to make are all paper pieced from Vintage Quilt Revival. Small plug: this book really is fantastic. All the internet hype is true. I started what I thought would be the easiest, sewed up all the templates, and was about to stitch them together into a block when this happened:
Yup, improperly printed templates strike again! I had printed one copy of the Dakota Star template and checked it for accuracy, but forgot to check the settings before printing the other three copies. Blame the head cold, if you will. As soon as I realized, I checked my other templates and reprinted the ones that weren’t the correct size. Two were the right size, Exploding Star and Wheel of Fortune.
These two came together mostly OK – I cut the green fabric nearly too small on Wheel of Fortune and had to piece it in places, but it looks fine. And I’ve reprinted the last few templates and I’m hoping to finish these by the end of the month! Regardless, I feel very productive despite being a bit sicky!
Thank so much for your advice on requilting Foxes Out My Window – I’m still having a think, but I like thought of pinning for extra stability. I’ll keep you posted!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!